Friday, June 02, 2006

Revolutionary Pashes and Dashes

Well music lovers and easy listening fans, it’s on. Air Supply awareness month is here, and grass root events to date have been both challenging and inspiring. As Bacoleno radio prepares itself for 1990 - for Snap, Sinead O’Connor, C&C music factory, REM, Betty Boo and Jesus Jones - there’s a collective sigh of relief, even as steps like running man are breaking out on dance floors right here, right now and engendering a new generation of heart seizures and weak knees in groovers everywhere.

It hasn’t been an easy ride, mind you. From a personal point of view, having to revisit the early nineties has been a grueling process of re-self-discovery and embarrassment. While psychedelic baby doll dresses teamed with chunky peace sign chokers do look better with my cleavage these days, getting drunk in the park with the local riff-raff is certainly a little more problematic.

This is mainly because the local riff-raff is the provincial contingent of the New People’s Army, meaning that the majority of pash n’ dashes have ended up in the back of a truck in secret jungle enclaves well beyond city limits. While I have never been against kidnapping as a legitimate form of courtship, unfortunately these activities contravene program requirements that state I should give the Australian Embassy at least a week’s notice before I go anywhere. Despite having argued this point with my captors time and again, their position is that teenage amours are simply too fickle to plan a week in advance. I am inclined to agree with them.


Stills taken from recent video released by NPA headquarters


Perseverance is beginning to pay off. Most importantly, after a strict regime of jogging to “Lost In Love” back to city limits each morning, despite the hideous brain pain engendered by such cerebral abuse, I am now capable of playing this enduring Air Supply favorite on my acoustic guitar.

In the meantime, the process of uber-hipping this piece of crap for 2006 continues. Anyone who can suggest a means of uber-hipping the line “Reach for the stars and I’ll show you a plan” that isn't “Buy me a gin and I’ll show you my can” is urged to contact me asap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home